Cole Naughton, FSA, MAAA, Consultant
Cole Naughton is a consulting actuary in Omaha, Nebraska. He joined A.V. POWELL & ASSOCIATES in 2015. His responsibilities include performing actuarial studies, FSO calculations, and supporting FORCAST users. He also supports A.V. POWELL & ASSOCIATES’ continuing care at home practice with insights and analysis.
Cole brings over 15 years of experience to A.V. POWELL & ASSOCIATES as a consulting actuary in the CCRC industry. In addition, Cole advised clients in the insurance industry. His work included pricing, valuation, and financial modelling in the life insurance industry.
- Participated in approximately 100 actuarial studies for retirement communities throughout the United States.
- Identified previously unknown financial risks for clients and developed a system for monitoring and mitigating these risks.
- Provided actuarial analysis to fulfill state regulatory requirements and assisted clients in working with state regulators.
- Evaluated contract pricing to determine the best fee structure for a multi-site CCRC organization, in collaboration with marketing.
- Analyzed mortality and morbidity experience and created sophisticated mortality models to help project future results.
- Comprehensive actuarial studies
- Continuing care contract analysis
- Financial modeling
- Mortality/morbidity experience studies
- Actuarial software development
- M.A. in Philosophy 1999 University of Nebraska
- B.A. in Philosophy, Math, and German 1995 Creighton University
- American Academy of Actuaries (AAA)
- Society of Actuaries (SOA)