MARSHA KAUFFMAN, CONSULTANT
Marsha Kauffman is a consultant at A.V. Powell & Associates and is based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. She has a strong background in both accounting and information technology and assists with actuarial and financial reports for CCRC and CCaH clients. A former client of A.V. Powell & Associates, Marsha joined the firm in 2023.
Marsha’s previous roles include Controller and Chief Financial Officer of a nationally recognized CCRC in Pennsylvania. Her expertise includes information technology, accounting and finance, project management, and systems implementation. At A.V. POWELL & ASSOCIATES, Marsha assists with the preparation of actuarial and regulatory studies, future service obligation reports, and provides software support.
- Supervised all accounting functions, investments and amortization of unearned revenue for resident entrance and membership fees.
- Provided strategic direction for 5 organizations, one which had gross revenue in excess of $100 million.
- Spearheaded implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Point of Sale (POS) systems.
- Effectively designed and rolled out new tax preparation procedures.
- Delivered Finance and IT presentations to upper management and the board of directors and translated complex information into clear, concise, and accessible messaging.
- Project management focused on the intersection of technology and finance
- Operations review and reorganization
- FORCAST training and support with emphasis on GAAP financial statement projections
- Financial and technology education for board members, management, and residents
- Evaluation of the financial aid risk for current CCRC residents
- M.S. in Accounting 2006
University of Delaware
- B.S. in Accounting 2000
Lebanon Valley College