UG2020 held virtually on October 13-14, 2020
AV Powell & Associates offered a virtual FORCAST Users Group Conference on Tuesday, October 13 and Wednesday, October 14.
This 2-day virtual event was open to FORCAST subscription clients with a basic understanding of our FORCAST software.
UG2020 Agenda and Learning Objectives:
Day 1 – Tuesday, October 13
- Educational session #1: Master planning with FORCAST 11am –12pm EDT
- Learn about development of satellite campuses at Moorings Park in Naples, FL
- Explore FORCAST capabilities to assess new projects and expansions
- Discover key information derived from FORCAST to enable management decisions
- Educational session #2: Actuarial and operational statistics 1pm – 2pm EDT
- Provide summary statistical information so that clients can gauge how they compare to other CCRCs in AVP’s proprietary database.
- Evaluate correlation between financial ratios and actuarial statistics
- Recognize the value of A2ZCCRC benchmarking survey and participation for CCRCs
- Educational session #3: Integrating feasibility studies 3pm – 4pm EDT
- Understand how information flows between management team, feasibility consultants and actuarial consultants during project development
- Discover what information from FORCAST is used by feasibility consultants
- Learn how the financial projections from the feasibility study are incorporated in the actuarial analysis
Day 2 – Wednesday, October 14
- Educational session #4: Budgeting capital improvements 11am –12pm EDT
- Explain the importance of capital budget planning for CCRCs and the potential impact these projections have on ASOP#3 opinions
- Provide examples of the capital budget format for AVP analysis
- Illustrate the impact of adjusting capital budget assumptions
- Educational session #5: Stress-testing assumptions 1pm – 2pm EDT
- Review the criteria and terminology used as the basis for a “Satisfactory Actuarial Balance” opinion.
- Identify the key assumptions for further “stress” testing.
- Evaluate the sensitivity of each assumption to additional “stress” testing.
- Educational session #6: Communicating actuarial results 3pm-4pm EDT
- Review current practices for sharing actuarial reports and other financial indicators with residents.
- Identify the advantages and challenges associated with sharing sensitive or unfavorable results
- Define best practices for resident education on the financial metrics for a life plan community.
- Discuss the pros and cons of active resident participation in the community’s strategic planning and governance.
Our GIFT to paid registrants – free FORCAST training videos including “New Features” to be distributed in November. These videos will be pre-recorded and do not warrant CPE credits.